Monday, 5 March 2012

Food - it pays to keep an open mind


This morning I decided to try a Jillian Michaels recipe for breakfast from her cookbook which accompanies her book, "Master you Metabolism". It was the first recipe I have tried from this book. Her recipes mostly sound amazing, she uses a lot of Mediterranean vegetables and you can see a bit of a Spanish/southern American influence in there together with the use of Caribbean black beans. Some of the fish she uses is quite exotic, but that's probably because the book is American and of course, they'll eat a lot of different fish to what is regularly prepared here in ol' blighty. 


For the particular dish I chose to prepare, the ingredients sounded to me like a very peculiar mixture - feta cheese, yogurt, honey, raspberry (which I substituted for strawberry) and black pepper spread on toast, but I decided to give it a go anyway. Well it was absolutely delish, I will definitely be doing it again. Probably tomorrow!



Before I went shopping on Saturday morning (glutton for punishment) I decided I would do her recipe for home made pizza, I needed frozen wholewheat pizza dough. I knew I wouldn't be able to buy that in Tesco so I thought I'd just make it from scratch, which I did after breakfast. My dough is currently sitting in the kitchen rising (hopefully) while I work. I've made enough to use some for dinner and freeze the rest. I hope it goes okay...

No comments:

Post a Comment