Monday, 7 May 2012

Priorities and Goals

I'm a big fan of Chalene Johnson and I bought her book PUSH in advance. In accordance with her advice I update my list of 10 goals weekly and every now and then I feel the need to reassess my priorities, just to check I'm still setting relevant goals for myself.

 
Having completed the life balance tool last week, I thought it was time to reassess, just to see if it has changed my perspective on things. I redid the priorities exercise on day 1 of PUSH and decided to make myself accountable by sharing not only my priorities, but also my goals. 


Priorities 

My number-one priority: My family - being a top Mum

My second priority: Being healthy and living life to the full with my family

My third priority: Financial security to provide for my family
The reason(s) I have placed the greatest importance on this area of my life is because: My family give me the most happiness, little girl makes me feel whole and I get enjoyment from her each and every day. My sister is my best friend. I need to be healthy to live life to the full with my family and to work hard to provide financial security for the family.
 I will honor my number-one priority by doing my best to: Make time for my family, to live for the moment and to cherish the memories. Never waste a moment sitting at home in front of the TV unnecessarily and get out and explore. We’ll play in the garden, visit family, go on day trips, bike rides, picnics and share life with others that we love.

The following action(s) would be inconsistent with my commitment to my top priority: Working late or at the weekends. Watching too much TV and not playing with little girl.

To honor my number-one priority, I will limit the following: With the exception of club running I will work out in the morning before little girl wakes, I will study at night when she’s in bed. I will limit the amount I watch TV, I will involve her in as much of everything I do as I can.

To honor my number-one priority, I need to make the following changes: I need to make more action to convert memories from in my head to real life – I need to take more photos and keep blogging great days out.

Priority statement: My number one priority is to be a good Mum. I want to be there for little girl physically and emotionally, to make her feel loved and encourage her to be confident, independent and strong. I want to be a good healthy role model, and for her to be proud to have me as her Mum. I want to live life to the full, taking nothing for granted and cherish every moment. I will work hard to provide as much as I can when little girl is at the child minder or at school.
 Goals
1. Loose 11lbs in 40 days
2. Complete ChaLEAN Extreme
3. Ellis & Mays break even 
4. Complete London Duathlon
5. Organise the whole house including the kitchen! 
6. Complete nutrition course
7. Cook dinners daily with home produce
8. Be positive and nice to be around
9. TRY and climb a REALISTIC yet CHALLENGING hill or mountain, listen to my body and not be afraid of failure. 
10. ENJOY LIFE :-)
 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, I love how this blog is really helping you reach your goals.

    ReplyDelete