Friday, 13 July 2012

I'm back!

Wow the Crush 'n' Gusher I went on at Typhoon Lagoon was more than a water flume - it was a metaphor for my current state - BIG SLIPPERY SLIDE!


Where have I been? Why have I not been blogging? 

Typhoon Lagoon was a clue - I've been to Florida! I stopped blogging some time before we went because I had a mountain of work to do before I went, and I had another mountain of work to deal with on my return. So much so that I wondered whether it was actually worth it going on holiday! Gumpy old so and so - the memories are wonderful and will be with me forever so long as I don't forget...

Here's a brief update relating to previous posts:

I lost 10lbs out of the 14 I was aiming for. I got to phase 2 of ChaLEAN Extreme, but the videos weren't compatible with my laptop so I was unable to continue on holiday despite buying some funky resistance bands. I completed the Orlando Runners Club Spring into Summer 5k in approx 29 mins. Despite mapping out a 10k route to run on holiday the gates between sub-divisions weren't visible on my map so I was restricted to a rather dull 1km lap (which wasn't so bad as I could leave my water bottle on the drive. I didn't run for as long as I wanted to out of boredom of the laps and the heat (running anytime past 7.30am is horrible and it was hard to wake up early enough once I'd gotten over the jet lag). I ate pretty well, got addicted to coconut shrimp and visited the IHOP 3 times so I gained 8lbs. Since my return I was so busy with work I found it difficult to get back on the straight and narrow until now so I dread to imagine how many extra lbs I've gained since my return. Now that I feel like I've caught up with myself I am going shopping for some healthy food this evening when hubby gets home from site and I need to make an effort to start exercising regularly again.

So... what did we get up to in Amercia? It was amazing. First we collected our hire car - a Dodge Challenger! Now I'm not much of a petrol head, but it is the most sexy car I've seen since my MkIII Cortina

Dodge challenger rear & side
Dodge challenger front & side
MkIII Cortina - simply beautiful
 Now, as soon as I own a house farm with a garage I will have another MkIII Cortina...

We crusied in our sexy challenger to Daytona Beach, Paradise Beach, Indian Rocks Beach, Shell Key Preserve, Harry P Leu Gardens, Sea World, Downtown Disney, Epcot and more. 

Some days we chilled by the pool and our darling little 18 month old daughter learned to swim! Amazing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment